17th June 2019
A small localised fire occurred on the roof of the new building at approximately 1pm today at Bulford St. Leonards’ Primary School. The fire was caused by an electrical issue with solar panels on the new building. All emergency procedures were implemented quickly and efficiently, and all children and staff were evacuated safely.
Wiltshire & Dorset Fire and Rescue Services attended and quickly brought the fire under control, to enable further clean up work all children were sent home for the remainder of the day.
Thank you to all staff, children and parents for such a swift and calm response which enabled the situation to be dealt with quickly.
The school will be open as usual tomorrow, Tuesday 18th June 2019.